St Vital is CLOSED as per the orders of Provincial Health Officials
Dear Club Curlers,
Following Friday, October 30th announcement being informed by the Provincial Health Officials that metropolitan area of Winnipeg has moved into the red or critical zone due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We will be required to stop operation of our club and the lounge beginning Monday November 2nd.
The leagues who curl on October 31st and November 1st, have been contacted and each league convenor has decided to not to play.
As of Friday October 30th the club will be closed.
Games for the two-week period, November 2nd are cancelled. This restriction is to last two weeks, at that time we will re-evaluate and keep you informed.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate these unprecedented times.
Please stay safe so we can see you curl again soon!
St.Vital Curling Club Executive and Board
SVCC Safety Measures 2020 – 2021 Curling Season
- All 2-hour leagues will have their play times reduced to 1h45 and will use a 1h20 bell. In the interest of fairness, this will be enforced even if there is spare time between leagues
- There shall only be one sweeper at a time and skips cannot sweep opposing rocks that pass the T- line
- There will also be markings on the ice indicating where to stand when waiting to play
- No hand-shakes before or after the game
- Scoreboards will not be available to use: paper and pencil will be supplied for each game
- Curlers who are not already registered at SVCC will not be permitted to spare
- Masks are mandatory for everyone while in the club, with the exceptions of while on the ice or seated at a table
- Hand sanitizer & disinfectant wipes will be available
- Upon entry, all people must sanitize their hands
- Curlers will be required to clean their own rocks before and after play
- All facilities will continuously be cleaned
- All curlers must sign a Curl Canada waiver and provide an e-mail address for contact tracing
- If you do not have a personal e-mail you must provide an e-mail of a friend or family member
- A pro-rated refund policy will apply if curling is cancelled during the season and less than 75% of the draws were played
- Proper social distancing/practices and spacing will be in effect with tables/chairs spaced 6 feet apart
- We encourage all curlers to support the kitchen and bar and stay after your game
• All curlers will come prepared to curl and will change their shoes and drop off their outerwear in the downstairs unisex locker room • Leagues will have an exclusive 15-minute window before and after their games to change shoes, as well as dedicated 1-way foot traffic paths • Curling equipment cannot be left at the club
• Entrance and exit to the building will be through the front door with directional arrows on the stairs • Curlers will enter the uni-sex locker via the main staircase and exit via the opposite door • Pre-game exit from the locker will be straight to the ice • Once the game is over, exit to the sheet 6 door and straight down to the locker • When ready to leave, proceed back up the other stair and either continue up to the lounge or through the main floor and outside
• Spectators will not be allowed in the club unless they are patrons of the restaurant or bar
REGULATIONS AND POLICIES
SVCC will adhere as closely as possible to recommendations put forth by Curl Canada and all government regulations. Please review these guidelines at: www.curling.ca/return-to-play
SVCC is dedicated to following all directives and protocols as they are announced by the Government of Manitoba
Providing world class curling facilities for recreational, provincial, national and international level curlers and events!